Skip to main content

my love (addiction) of coffee

I've had an on again, off again relationship with coffee for so long now that I don't even really remember just when or how it all started. I do know that our friendship/relationship (if that's what you want to call it) had somewhat of a rocky start, sometimes I was in the mood...other times...yeah, not so much. As the years passed coffee and I became more than just friends, it turned into love, real love, thus began, this beautiful, crazy, weird, needy, obsessed relationship with coffee. I know that I need help, seriously, I should probably see a counselor, have some therapy for my addiction to this sweet, delicious tasting concoction called coffee, really I should, after all I am married, I have three crumb crunchers and loads of responsibilities to do each and everyday. I am so addicted to coffee that my own children(the poor souls) know that it's best not to talk to mommy in the morning until she (that would be moi) has had a cup of coffee, you see, I have trained my children (the whole train up a child in the way he should go, bible lingo, is really being practiced here.) that no one has a meltdown, whines, yells, complains or fights until I have had a cup of coffee, all I really need is just one sip. Just the aroma that coffee gives is so uplifting. It makes me feel marvelous. One sip of this sweet perfection and I feel as though I have found a little piece of heaven here on earth. I feel all warm and toasty inside, it's erratic, maniacal, unbalanced, yes, I know all this, but do I care what others think of me and my affection,(addiction) to coffee...NO!, not really, I mean, I see myself spiraling out of control and I don't really care to fix it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken ties

The loss that has invaded ones soul and consumes ones daily living, the only light seen is that which comes through the cracks in the wall put up as only a show of strength. The loss is great, feelings of abandonment rise up again and again as the sadness comes in waves, reckless with life not caring of life nor death, having understood this was how it was meant to be at the loss of each tie that held it together, making one believe, not by blood, but by love we are connected, realizing long ago it is by blood, of which there is none. Ties cut, wounds are deep, yet life keeps moving strangely forward.

temporary madness

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away,