Skip to main content

California Dreaming

When you live in Paradise, you sometimes take for granted just how blessed you truly are. So many times after work when I lived in San Diego, in the evenings I'd take that ten minute drive down to the beach, digging my toes in the cool golden sandy earth, breathing in that fresh salty Pacific Ocean air, relaxing, letting go of the daily stresses that encompass ones life. Listening to the waves as they crash against the shoreline, gazing off into the distance as the sun would began her evening show of setting using the blue ocean waters as her backdrop. The stage was set for a spectacular night of eye catching colors splashing the beautiful blue sky with hues of bright pinks and shades of orange. I love San Diego she never disappoints. 

Earlier this month I went with friends to San Diego. It was a first time touring the city as a tourist and not a resident. It was a strange feeling, being a tourist in my own city, but I loved every moment of seeing this beautiful place through the eyes of a visitor. 

We saw the Seals at LaJolla Cove, walked down by the Children's Pool as the water splashed over the wall soaking us or I believe it was only me who took the brunt of that cleansing. Soaked but happy, went to my favorite hiking spot, hiked around Torrey Pines, stood at the Top of Mt. Soledad and took in the beauty of San Diego and the surrounding cities, the Pacific Ocean and my most beloved Palm Trees scattered throughout. Toured beautiful Coronado Beach and the Hotel Del, drove down the strand, buried our toes beneath the golden sand, played in the sparkling ocean as the waves came crashing in, splashing us with that cool salty blue Pacific Ocean water and so much more!

It was a beautiful fun filled week, full of sunshine, laughter, smiles, love, sweetness, good local eats, beautiful scenery, and lovely people. I was happy. Peacefulness which is rare for me, fell upon the week. Love and secure, happy and I was home and I was good.

"In the flush of love's light. We Dare to be Brave. And suddenly we see that Love Cost all we are. And will ever be. Yet it is only Love which sets us Free" Maya Angelou








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beside Still Waters

Most Dreamers emerge from the Wasteland feeling spiritually and emotionally depleted.. Our relationship with God has been tested and, in many cases, damaged by distrust. Often we're in worse shape than we realize. what our spirits desperately need is time away for comfort, restoration and transformation. I wonder if David had just stepped out of his years as a refugee in the desert when he wrote his best known Psalm: The Lord is my Shepherd;I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. Chances are you've had a Sanctuary experience of some kind in your spiritual life already. It might have happened at a retreat, or while you were sitting on a rock looking out over the ocean, kneeling in tears at the front of a church, or deep in a personal quite time. Unlike the previous stages of your journey, Sanctuary is an oasis, not an obstacle. It's a pause where you're invited to meet with God to be renewed and t

My mid-life crisis, turning 40

I turned forty this past spring, me, 40 years old! I tried all year long to ignore my age. It's so depressing this new phase of my life. I am no longer referred to as miss, girl or young lady I am now Mrs. or Mam. Now, I simply ignore those people who have decided to put me in this category, the clerks, salespeople, baggers (at least the young cute one's) at the grocery store, my nail girl (for this she gets no referrals from me!, this is my way of getting her back for calling out in the salon...oh, mam... you forgot your keys, really is that necessary!) ect... and anyone else who has deemed me old! No, I don't desire to be a kid or a teenager ever again, although I had the time of my life with no responsibilities and parents who pretty much gave us all that we desired or wished for (this, I am not passing on to my children.), I like being an adult. I just don't like that I'm getting older, I don't like that my face cream is no longer for women who are 40(acco

Life Lessons, seems they all refer to me

I've learned....That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person. I've learned....That when you're in love, it shows. I've learned.....That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day. I've learned....That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. I've learned.....That being kind is more important than being right. I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way. I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with. I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand. I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. I've learned . That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for. I'v