Skip to main content

Trust

It was one of those warm July mornings, as the sun began to rise and peek through the windows filling the room with rays of sunlight. In the early morning hours before the world awakes. Curled up, feeling the closeness and warmth of your soul next to mine, not yet fully awake hoping it's reality and not just a vanashing dream. Quite, Laying in the stillness of the morning, allowing my eyelids to slowly open as if not wanting the dream to fade, still unsure, if it's real or just my vivid imagination playing tricks on me.

Turning my face inward feeling the warmth of your skin against my face slowly inhaling the sweet musky scent of what I know so well, feeling your arms embrace. I'm safe, it's not a dream, it's reality and only now can I open my eyes for being in that dream state is no longer a requirement for the peaceful stillness I so crave and desire.

Somewhere along this road a certain peacefulness has been found. The longing of the sternful, leading, guiding, protecting hand...all of which, one is drawn to...and finds much comfort in.

Good morning....would you like some coffee...yes...and what better way to begin a sweet beautiful warm sunshine filled summer day. 

"Appreciate her strength, cherish her mind, recognize her pain, understand her fears, admire her will and treasure her submission"






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beside Still Waters

Most Dreamers emerge from the Wasteland feeling spiritually and emotionally depleted.. Our relationship with God has been tested and, in many cases, damaged by distrust. Often we're in worse shape than we realize. what our spirits desperately need is time away for comfort, restoration and transformation. I wonder if David had just stepped out of his years as a refugee in the desert when he wrote his best known Psalm: The Lord is my Shepherd;I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. Chances are you've had a Sanctuary experience of some kind in your spiritual life already. It might have happened at a retreat, or while you were sitting on a rock looking out over the ocean, kneeling in tears at the front of a church, or deep in a personal quite time. Unlike the previous stages of your journey, Sanctuary is an oasis, not an obstacle. It's a pause where you're invited to meet with God to be renewed and t

My mid-life crisis, turning 40

I turned forty this past spring, me, 40 years old! I tried all year long to ignore my age. It's so depressing this new phase of my life. I am no longer referred to as miss, girl or young lady I am now Mrs. or Mam. Now, I simply ignore those people who have decided to put me in this category, the clerks, salespeople, baggers (at least the young cute one's) at the grocery store, my nail girl (for this she gets no referrals from me!, this is my way of getting her back for calling out in the salon...oh, mam... you forgot your keys, really is that necessary!) ect... and anyone else who has deemed me old! No, I don't desire to be a kid or a teenager ever again, although I had the time of my life with no responsibilities and parents who pretty much gave us all that we desired or wished for (this, I am not passing on to my children.), I like being an adult. I just don't like that I'm getting older, I don't like that my face cream is no longer for women who are 40(acco

Life Lessons, seems they all refer to me

I've learned....That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person. I've learned....That when you're in love, it shows. I've learned.....That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day. I've learned....That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world. I've learned.....That being kind is more important than being right. I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way. I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with. I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand. I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes. I've learned . That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for. I'v