Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Dad...

Dad, 
I miss you so much, thought I'd sit down and write you a letter to tell you Happy Birthday!. How I wish we were all getting together to celebrate you, I miss the laughter, the sweetness and fun times as we all gathered around you as a family to celebrate you. A life time ago it seems we were all close as a family yet the pain of knowing your gone is all so overwhelming. Lonesomeness has set in and just moving through each day is monumental at best. You were the glue, that held us all together, and I miss you, I miss your love and I miss that connection of family held together by you. I find some peace knowing you are with my momma, celebrating your special day in heaven....I love you to the moon and stars and everymorning I say it first! My hero and King....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken ties

The loss that has invaded ones soul and consumes ones daily living, the only light seen is that which comes through the cracks in the wall put up as only a show of strength. The loss is great, feelings of abandonment rise up again and again as the sadness comes in waves, reckless with life not caring of life nor death, having understood this was how it was meant to be at the loss of each tie that held it together, making one believe, not by blood, but by love we are connected, realizing long ago it is by blood, of which there is none. Ties cut, wounds are deep, yet life keeps moving strangely forward.

temporary madness

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away,