Skip to main content

Hear the sirens....

Cold winter evening, perched on the window seat near the fire, snow falling from the cold gray skies above, Fingers intertwined around a glass of Malbec. Sirens and suddenly the mind begins its decent down a road, long sense pushed to the edge of the mind. Far from the madness, thought I'd escaped. Sirens, it takes my breath away, for a moment the rise and fall of my breathing becomes labored as I gasp for air, the oxygen suddenly seems to have evaporated from the room. I'm desperate to get air, for I've no idea what's happening, mind racing, how could I lose control in an instant, how did I forget how to breathe. Suddenly the emotion is all to clear as it begins, flooding my entire being, washing over my soul as the rains fill the lake overflowing breaking the dam. I feel tears begin to stream down my face. I'm thrown into a sea of memories, desire, joyous, dreamy, unforgettable, closeness, connection, carefree, all sane thoughts compartmetalized into tiny boxes, no rationale, just being. So easy, yet overwhelmingly draining all together in one seamless flow of highs and lows. Sand, ocean, music, laughter, madness, erupting into rivers of sadness at yet another loss. My soul is on fire. One spark and out of control, the flames begin their rise. Blue skies, hot glistening days, into warm summer evenings. Burned into memory for it will last a lifetime. Sounds....ocean, waves crashing as the tide rolls in. Feelings.....heat, warmth, fire, sand beneath fingers as they grasp and release. Sights....stars brightly shining in the midnight sky, summer moonshine, lights twinkling in the distance, burning into memory. Connected souls. Shared secrets, heartbreaking, life changing hurts, crushing pains. Understanding, sympathies. The rise and fall...Sirens, "the sounds echoing closer, will they come for me next time, I study your face the fear goes away, if I think to much I can get overwhelmed by the grace, by which we live our lives with death over our shoulders." Awakened by reality just as it is, serene....early morning sunrise the noise, turns to calm, quite beauty, Alive.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken ties

The loss that has invaded ones soul and consumes ones daily living, the only light seen is that which comes through the cracks in the wall put up as only a show of strength. The loss is great, feelings of abandonment rise up again and again as the sadness comes in waves, reckless with life not caring of life nor death, having understood this was how it was meant to be at the loss of each tie that held it together, making one believe, not by blood, but by love we are connected, realizing long ago it is by blood, of which there is none. Ties cut, wounds are deep, yet life keeps moving strangely forward.

temporary madness

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away,